Get to know us on social media and look for us at local events. We're proud to be living and working in the GTA. We offer our First Aid and CPR courses in Newmarket, Aurora and throughout York region. We're passionate about getting everyone trained in first aid and cpr. It's a life skill that anyone can learn and everyone should. Studies have shown that over 75% of cardiac arrest happen in the home, which means the life you save by learning this valuable skill is likely to be someone you know or love.
Someone asked me yesterday at a networking event what I liked most about my job and I told her it's the real life stories I hear every time I teach a course. Without fail, there is always someone in my class that can share an event or situation that involved CPR or First Aid and that is so inspiring and powerful.
If you are still wondering if you should invest the time to learnFirst Aid and CPR consider these points:
- Effective bystander CPR can double or triple a victim's chance of survival
- Sadly, only about 32% of cardiac arrest victims get CPR from a bystander
- Studies have shown that people forget their skills or lose confidence in their skills in as little as 3 months
- Recognizing an emergency is just as important as knowing how to respond to one
- Training not only provides you with the skills but builds your confidence to use them
- Getting trained in first aid and cpr and never needing it is far better than needing it and wishing you had been trained